Michael Bohner con Exploration of Chef: Fast And Easy Learning! (English Edition)
Exploration of Chef
Fast And Easy Learning!
This book is an exploration of the Chef software. It begins by explaining what the software is, where it is used, and how it can be used. The process of creating a Chef Development server is discussed in detail, and you will understand each of the steps involved in the process. After reading this book, you will be in a position to create your own Chef Cookbook repository. For the purpose of authentication when you are pulling code from or pushing code to the repository, you will know how to create and use your own Git SSH key. The book will also guide you on how to create a working directory for the Chef Development. Creation of new cookbooks and recipes in Chef is discussed in detail, with no detail left out. You will also learn how to import cookbooks. The process of importation and cloning of the base ServerTemplate is then explored. You will also learn how to test a Chef server which you have created. Roles and environments in Chef are explained, and how to use these for configuration of your server. Finally, the use of the DigitalOcean plugin for knife for management of droplets in Chef software is covered.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn:
- Creation of a Chef Development Server
- Creating a Chef Cookbook Repository
- Creation of a Git SSH Key
- Creation of a Working Directory for the Chef Development
- Creation of a New Recipe and Cookbook
- Importation of Cookbooks
- Importation and Cloning of the Base ServerTemplate
- Attachment of a Cookbook to the ServerTemplate
- Creation of a Chef Test Server
- Testing a Chef Recipe
- Modification of a Chef Recipe
- Refetching and Importing
- Re-testing the Chef Recipe
- Roles and Environments for Control of Server Configurations in Chef
- Using the DigitalOcean Plugin for Knife for Management of Droplets in Chef
Download your copy of " Exploration of Chef " by scrolling up and clicking "Buy Now With 1-Click" button.